There’s nothing quite like the great outdoors. The benefits of spending time in nature is something we all need to incorporate more of into our lives, particularly with the bustle and demand of our modern world. If you’ve been feeling the pull to get outside but the thought of camping doesn’t excite you, have you considered glamping? Glamping is already a luxurious enhancement to camping, but here are 5 ways you can elevate your next glamping experience!
- Make it like home. Bringing a flavour of home with you can turn that glamping experience into something even more comfortable and familiar and it can be as simple as bringing your own pillow or blanket. A collapsible or foldable bedside table is always a good idea to bring if you like to have some essentials close by or somewhere to put your glasses. Battery-powered fairy lights are a fantastic addition to a glamping tent or dome to add a little sparkle and warmth to your evenings. Fairy lights can be incredibly useful as nightlights for the kids too!
- Try new recipes. Just because you’re in the great outdoors doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice a delicious meal! If you’ve got a gourmet meal you’ve been thinking of trying out or a trusted favourite that you just know will taste even better if cooked over a campfire, bring those recipes with you! Make sure to check the details of your accommodations to see what’s included for kitchen gadgets and appliances, but let your imagination run wild when planning your glamping meals!
- Bring comfort with you. Though all our glamping accommodations come with two outdoor chairs, please bring along your favourite camping chairs or seating options! With so many choices for cozy outdoor chairs for around the campfire or for stargazing, you’re sure to find something that’s just right for you. Don’t forget your campsite hammock as nothing says relaxing like swinging in a hammock all afternoon with a good book!
- Keep your routine. You don’t have to miss out on our nightly self care routine when you’re glamping, with plumbing right in the glamping structure with you or close by. Pack your essentials and anything that will make the kids feel more at home too, including stuffed animals, favourite bedtime stories or blankies!
- Entertainment! At our three glamping locations, we do have some entertainment for you and the kids, including books, playing cards, puzzles and board games, but we encourage you to bring your own too! Craft supplies, lawn games or dice games are great additions to your glamping packing list. Part of the appeal of glamping is unplugging, but if movie nights are a big deal for your kids, bring a small projector with you and make popcorn over the fire to make a whole night out of it!
A glamping adventure is a terrific way to bond as a family! You don’t need to sacrifice comfort for an immersive experience in the wilderness and the best place to rest your head after a long day of exploring, hiking or fishing is on one of our Endy mattresses, available in every single one of our glamping accommodations. If you’re ready to try the elevated form of camping, join us this summer and find out just how comfortable you can really be in the great outdoors!